Saturday, June 8, 2019

Fun with Kayleigh and Brock

On Friday after school it was rainy and cold but that didn't keep Tor inside. He played outside until almost dark at the play fort. He is getting pretty good at the zip line without getting stuck in the middle.
 He wanted to see if his carrots he planted were ready and wouldn't listen when I told him they were too small, until he pulled them. He was able to eat the biggest one.
 They all were so excited that the newly engaged couple, Brock and Kayleigh, were coming for the weekend. Bridget made a cartoon book with events leading up to their engagement. She gave it to them when they came down Saturday. It was very cute!
 Tor had made a book about the beach and gave that to them also. He was pretty proud.
 Of course when Brock and Kayleigh arrived they had to have a spirited game of basketball. I think the girls won. Here, I'm not sure whether Tor is blocking out or Kayleigh is holding.
 Here Tor is deciding which way is best around Jillian who was guarding him most of the time. Bridget kept score on this intense game.
 After basketball, they all came in for lunch and Tor insisted that Brock sit with him at the counter and Kayleigh was relegated to the big table.
 After lunch came another fierce battle. This time it was water guns, hoses and sprinkler cans and again between the guys and gals. Here Tor and Brock are plotting.
 Obviously they were plotting an attack on Kayleigh. No one escaped getting soaked although they had a base that was off limits.
Here I think Brock got the worst of it. After they left, Jillian, Bridget, and Tor changed into dry clothes and sat and read or played quietly in the house for a long time. I think exhausted.